Monday, January 19, 2015

T minus 1 day

Time is a funny thing.  While the clock always goes the same speed, the perception of time is variable.  Sometimes it seems to go so slow, then other times it just flies by.  Take the past month for example…  We have had our tickets booked for Uganda for several months now, but time has seemed to go so slow – like time would never pass.  However, the last few days have flown by and now the time to take off for Uganda is just one day away.  T-1IMG_8269

The team has been busy packing, preparing and making last minute plans.  We were commissioned as a mission team by our church yesterday and received the prayer and blessing of our friends and family to go and do God’s work in Uganda.  Each of us have our own reasons for going and our individual calling from God.  But we all have one purpose – to love our friends and the children in Uganda with the love God put in our hearts.

IMG_7385At this point, I find myself wondering if I’m really prepared for what’s ahead.  If experience is any indicator, I’m not – but that’s OK, because if it was me doing it, it wouldn’t be God.  And I would MUCH rather see and be part of what God does than what I could possibly do.  All we can do now is slow down, pray and trust that God is the one in control and it is up to us to continue to be faithful in following what He has called us to do.

Please pray for the team and for the people in Uganda that God has been preparing.  Pray that we would be good and fruitful vines!

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”  John 15:5

T minus 22 hours…

No comments:

Post a Comment